Disodium pyrophosphate with the synonyms of sodium acid pyrophosphate, disodium dihydrogen pyrophosphate, is an inorganic compounds consisting of sodium cations and pyrophosphate anion. It is often abbreviated as SAPP, which is an edible phosphoric salt and usually used as an all-purpose leavening agent in cooked wheaten food and baked food, as a quality improver for meat and fish processing. In appearance, it is white crystalline powder, which can be made by heating sodium dihydrogen phosphate and dehydrating it. As a reliable manufacturer, Chemate always adhere to the principle of quality first in the production process. Consumers can buy disodium pyrophosphate from us with confidence. Inquiry us for quotation now.
Disodium Pyrophosphate, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (SAPP)
White crystal or crystalline power
Purity, % ≥
Acidity(ml,0.1N NaOH 2.0g)
Loss on drying
Disodium Pyrophosphate Uses
>>> In Food
Disodium pyrophosphate is a most popular leavening agent found in baking powders, for that it combines with sodium bicarbonate to release carbon dioxide to speed up the fermentation.
- Used for the acidic components of synthetic leavening agents for bread and pastries.
- The generation time of CO2 is longer, it is suitable for melt-baked foods with low moisture content, such as, pancakes.
- Used as baking powder for baking food, which can control fermentation acidity and improve production intensity.
- Used in biscuits and pastries, which can shorten the fermentation time, reduce the damage rate of finished product, make loose gaps neat and extend the storage period.
- Combined with other phosphates, it can be used as a water-retaining agent for the processing of cheese, luncheon meat, ham, other meat products and aquatic products. Also used in instant noodles as rehydrating agent to reduce the rehydration time of the finished product to make it not sticky or rotten.
- Used as a quality improver, sodium acid pyrophosphate can improve the complexing metal ions, PH value and ionic strength of food, so as to improve the binding force and water holding capacity of food.
- The dosage in food. The maximum usage of soda crackers is 3.0g/kg, the maximum usage in bread is 1.0-3.0g/kg. The maximum usage in decorative candy, sweet juice is 5.0g/kg. The maximum usage of batter for fish and poultry, flour coating and frying powder is 5.0g/kg. The maximum usage of coarse grain flour is 5.0g/kg. 1.5g/kg for other coarse grain products, such as frozen French fries and hash browns.
>>> Other Uses In Industrial Fields
- In leather treatment, it can be used to remove stains on hides during processing.
- In some dairy applications, it can be used with sulfamic acid for cleaning, especially to remove soapstone.
- In petroleum production, it can be used as dispersant in oil well drilling muds.
- Used as a tartar control agent in toothpastes.
>>>Why Choose Chemate Company
- High quality. We use the highest pure raw materials, advanced production equipment, strict quality control system to guarantee the quality of our products.
- Competitive price. With no third party, the products are sold from the manufacturer directly, so that the price is cheap and reasonable.
- Advanced technology. Professional technology team in Chemate can help customers solve various problems.
- Excellent pre-sale service and after-sale service. We will answer the questions of our clients as soon as possible.
Inquiry Us to purchase disodium pyrophosphate (SAPP) now. Our professional sales manager will reply you, send you more details and quotation quickly.
Disodium dihydrogen pyrophosphate is soluble in water but insoluble in ethanol. Heat the aqueous solution with dilute inorganic acid, it will hydrolyze to phosphoric acid. It has hydroscopicity and can form six crystal hydrates after absorbing water. When heated above 220℃, it decomposes to form sodium metaphosphate. When used as leavening agent, it can contain an appropriate amount of aluminum or calcium salt to control the reaction rate.