Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, also known as disodium dihydrogen pyrophosphate, disodium pyrophosphate, is white crystalline powder, which has the relative density of 1.864 and can decompose into sodium metaphosphate when it is heated above 220℃. it is easily soluble in water and can form chelates with Cu2+ and Fe2+. The aqueous solution can be hydrolyzed to phosphoric acid by heating with dilute sulfuric acid or dilute mineral acid. Sodium acid pyrophosphate is usually used in food processing industry. We can provide customers with high quality SAPP, contact us for price now.
Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (SAPP)
White crystal or crystalline power
Purity, % ≥
Acidity(ml,0.1N NaOH 2.0g)
Loss on drying
Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate Uses
Food grade sodium dihydrogen phosphate can be used as rapid leavening agent, quality improver, buffer agent, chelator, stabilizer, emulsifier, color improver, etc...
- In the barbecue food, it can control the fermentation speed and increase the production intensity.
- Used in the processing of biscuit, pastry and bread, it can prolong the storage time, make the loose gap neat and reduce the breakage rate of biscuits and cakes.
- Used in sausage processing, it can improve taste, make the color much better and increase processing speed.
- Used in the processing of aquatic products, fish balls and other frozen food, it can play a role of chelation, prevent crystal flower formation and control moisture.
- Used in the processing of instant noodle products, it can shorten the rehydration time of finished products. After rehydration, the noodles won’t be sticky and broken.
Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate Preparation
- Neutralize food grade phosphoric acid and soda ash, control the terminal PH value and generate sodium dihydrogen phosphate. Then it should be polymerized and dehydrated at a certain temperature to obtain the product SAPP.
- Dry polymerization two-step method. Add food grade soda ash to the neutralizer, heat it and make it dissolve under stirring, then add food grade phosphoric acid for neutralization reaction. The reaction end point PH value should be controlled to 4-4.4 and sodium dihydrogen phosphate can be formed. Filter the solution at 70-80℃. The filtrate can be concentrated by evaporation, cooled, crystallized, separated, and dehydrated to anhydrous sodium dihydrogen phosphate at 95℃. Send the formed anhydrous sodium dihydrogen phosphate to the tank polymerization furnace for heating and melting polymerization. Control the material temperature at 140-200℃ for polymerization. The converted sodium acid pyrophosphate is packaged after pulverization to prepare edible disodium dihydrogen pyrophosphate.
First Acid Measures
- If inhaled, move patient to the place where the air is fresh immediately.
- If skin exposure, wash with soap and plenty of water.
- If entering the eyes, rinse thoroughly with plenty water for at least 15 minutes. Consult a doctor.
- If ingested accidentally, rinse the mouth immediately. Don’t give anything to an unconscious through the mouth. Consult a doctor.
- Extinguishing method and extinguishing agent. Use water mist, ethanol resistant foam, dry powder or carbon dioxide to extinguish the fire.
- Phosphorus oxides and sodium oxides may cause particular harm.
- If necessary, firemen should wear self-contained breathing apparatus to put out the fire.
Emergency Treatment in case of Leakage
- Personnel protection measures, protective equipment and emergency procedures. Use personnel protective equipment. Avoid dust generation. Avoid inhalation of dust, steam and smoke. Ensure adequate ventilation.
- Environmental protection measures. Don’t let the product enter the sewer.
- Storage and removal of leaked chemicals. Don’t generate dust when collecting and disposing. Place in a suitable and closed container for processing.
- Avoid touch skin and eyes. Avoid the formation of dust and gas gel. Provide suitable exhaust equipment where dust is formed.
- Safe storage conditions. Store in a cool, dry and ventilated place. Keep container closed.
Why Choose Chemate
We are a professional manufacturer with rich production experience. We have several complete production lines, scientific production process and strict quality management system ensure our high output and excellent quality. With professional technical personnel, advanced production equipment, physical and chemical inspection facilities and product laboratories, we have strong market research and development ability, so that we can continue to meet the requirements of market and customers.
Till now, the sodium acid pyrophosphate, phosphoric acid, trisodium phosphate, sodium tripolyphosphate, sodium hexametaphosphate and some other phosphorus chemical products produced by our company have been exported to many countries and regions around the world. Because of our excellent quality, service and reasonable price, our products are loved and praised by our customers. If you have any need, please feel free to contact us, email, message and phone are available, we will reply you quickly.