- Product Name: Potassium Dihydrogen Phosphate
- Appearance: colorless crystal or white granular powder
- Tech Grade: Fertilizer Grade
- Main Uses: Agriculture, medicine, food processing and other industrial fields
- CAS NO.: 7778-77-0
- Molecular Formular: KH2PO4
- HS Code: 29055900
Potassium dihydrogen phosphate, also known as potassium phosphate monobasic, monopotassium phosphate, MKP is a inorganic compound. It is colorless crystal or white granular powder in appearance. It is deliquescent, stable in air, soluble in water but insoluble in ethanol. When heated to 400℃, it melts and becomes transparent liquid. After cooling, it will solidify into an opaque glassy potassium metaphosphate. Potassium dihydrogen phosphate can be widely used in agriculture, food processing and industry fields. If you have any need, contact us online now, price will be sent to you very quickly.
|Item ||Specification |
|Total Nutrition(As NH4H2PO4)% ≥ ||99 |
|5252P2O5 % ≥ ||52 |
|N % ≥ ||34 |
|Cl % ≤ ||0.2 |
|PH Value (1% water) ||4.3-4.7 |
|Moisture % ≤ ||0.2 |
|Insoluble item % ≤ ||0.1 |
Potassium Dihydrogen Phosphate Uses
- In agriculture, it is used as high efficiency phosphor and potassium compound fertilizer, which is suitable for various types of soil and crops.
- In industrial fields, it is used as the raw material for producing potassium metaphosphate., as well as buffer and cultivative agent.
- In food processing industry, it can be used as cultivative agent for brewing yeast, strengthening agent, leavening agent, fermentation assistant, as well as bacterial cultivative agent, flavoring agent for synthetic sake.
- In medicine, it can be used to make uric acid, and as nutrient.
- Feed grade type can be used to beverage nutrition.
Uses of Monopotassium Phosphate Fertilizer
Monopotassium phosphate fertilizer belongs to high efficient phosphorus potassium compound fertilizer. It has the functions of promoting the crop photosynthesis, replenishing the effective soil nutrient elements quickly, improving soil fertility, making it easy for crops to absorb and use, promoting the growth of stem, rod and grain, enhancing the ability of crops to resist lodging cold, drought, diseases and insect pests, and improving the quality of crops. With the characteristics of low dosage, high fertilizer effect, easy absorption, quick effect, easy use and obvious effect of increasing production, it is suitable for any type of soil and a variety of food and cash crops.
The potassium dihydrogen phosphate fertilizer contains about 52% of phosphorus pentoxide and 34% of dipotassium oxide. Flue-cured tobacco requires a large amount of phosphorus and potassium, especially potassium. The potassium dihydrogen phosphate is an ideal new fertilizer for flue-cured tobacco. It can also be widely used in drip irrigation systems. Preparation of Monopotassium Phosphate
The Storage of Potassium Dihydrogen phosphate
There are so many production methods of potassium dihydrogen phosphate, such as, neutralization method, extraction method, ion exchange method, double decomposition method, direct method, crystallization method, electrolysis method, etc…
Neutralization method. It is prepared by mixing caustic potash or potassium carbonate into a 30% solution, sending it to the neutralizer. Then neutralize it with 50% phosphoric acid solution under stirring, control the temperature at 80-100℃, pH value of 4-5. Finally, the neutralized product is filtered, concentrated, cooled and crystallized, centrifuged and dried to obtain the product. The crystallization mother liquid can be returned to the concentration section for reuse. The characteristics of neutralization method are short process flow, mature technology, less equipment, high product quality, low energy consumption and less investment. However, it uses thermal phosphoric acid and potash as raw materials, the production cost is high, so it is difficult to be applied in agriculture, mainly used for the production of food, medicine and industrial grade potassium dihydrogen phosphate.
Extraction method. It mainly contains organic extraction and inorganic extraction method. The organic extraction method is based on the organic solvent having different solubility characteristics for different compounds, and the organic solvent is selectively used for extraction and separation to prepare potassium dihydrogen phosphate. In the presence of a suitable organic solvent, the formed hydrochloric acid is almost extracted into an organic solvent by reacting potassium chloride with phosphoric acid. After separation, potassium dihydrogen phosphate is crystallized from the aqueous phase. After washing and drying, the product potassium dihydrogen phosphate is obtained, and the mother liquor is recycled after separation.
Ion exchange method. Potassium chloride solution is used to exchange resin through a styrenic cation. K+ is adsorbed from the solution, then replace the ammonium dihydrogen phosphate through resin to prepare a potassium dihydrogen phosphate solution. The the solution is concentrated, cooled and crystallized, centrifuged, and dried to obtain the finished potassium dihydrogen phosphate, and the crystallization mother liquid is returned to the concentration section for reuse.
- It should be stored in a ventilated, dry, cool and clean warehouse, the package should be sealed and moisture-proof.
- Don’t store or transported it with toxic or other polluting substances.
- During transportation, prevent the products from rain and strong sunlight. Be careful when loading and unloading, handle with care to prevent package breakage.
- In case of fire, water, sand and all kinds of fire extinguishers can be used to put out the fire.
Potassium Dihydrogen Phosphate price
To get the best price of potassium dihydrogen phosphate now? Please feel free to contact us, we are always waiting for your message. As a reliable manufacturer, we can guarantee that the price is very competitive and reasonable. In addition, if you also need to buy some other phosphorus chemical products, such as, STPP, SHMP, DAP, phosphoric acid, etc., we can also send you more details and price list.