Sodium Hexametaphosphate(SHMP), a polymer of sodium metaphosphate is usually white power crystal, colorless transparent glass flake or block solid in appearance. SHMP is soluble in water but insoluble in organic solvents. With strong hygroscopic property, it can gradually absorbs water and forms a gooey substance in the air. For that, it is very easy to delirium in air, please keep it sealed. The solubility in water is higher, but the dissolution rate is slower. The aqueous solution is acidic and it is easily to hydrolyze into phosphite. For some metal ions, sodium hexametaphosphate 68% has the ability to form soluble complex, so it is usually used to soften water. In addition, it can also form complex compound with lead, silver, barium salt, etc… With so many unique physical and chemical properties, SHMP has a wide range of uses in food processing industry and other various industrial fields.
|Item||Industrial grade||Food grade|
|Total phosphate, as P2O5 % ≥||68.0||68.0|
|Inactive phosphate, as P2O5 % ≤||7.5||7.5|
|Iron, as Fe % ≤||0.03||0.02|
|Ph value (1% solution) % ≤||5.8-7.0||5.8-6.5|
|Water insoluble % ≤||0.04||0.05|
|Heavy metals, as Pb % ≤||—||0.001|
|Arsenic, as As % ≤||—||0.0003|
|Fluoride as F % ≤||—||0.003|
Application of Sodium Hexametaphosphate SHMP 68%
>>> In Water Treatment
Because it has a special complexation function to metal ions, especially calcium, magnesium and some other alk Li-earth metal ions. Therefore, it is mainly used for boiler water as softener, cleaning agents in fiber industry, bleaching and dyeing industry, as well as flotation agents in mineral processing industry. With the continuous development of industrial production, the applications of SHMP has developed from water treatment, paper making, sugar extraction, food processing industries to smelting industry. Using sodium hexametaphosphate shmp and ingesting some additives to spray repair the steelmaking converter at a certain temperature and pressure can greatly extend the life of the converter and achieve obvious economic benefits.
>>> In Food And Drinks
Sodium hexametaphosphate 68% can be used as food quality improver, PH value regulator, metal ions chelating agent, adhesive and expansion agent in food processing industry. It is necessary to purchase the high quality food grade sodium hexametaphosphate, contact us for price now.
- It can be used in beans, canned vegetables and fruit to stabilize natural pigment and protect food color.
- Used in meat products to improve water retention, increase the knot and prevent the meat fat rot.
- Adding it to beer can clarify the liquor and prevent turbidity.
- Used in soy sauce, it can prevent discoloration, increase viscosity, shorten fermentation period and adjust the taste.
- Used in drinks, it can inhibit the decomposition of vitamin C.
- Used in ice cream, it can increase the capacity of expansion, increase the volume, enhance the emulsification, prevent the destruction of paste and improve the color and taste.
>>> Sodium Hexametaphosphate Dispersing Agent
Sodium tripolyphosphate, sodium hexametaphosphate, sodium pyrophosphate are the commonly used inorganic dispersants. Sodium hexametaphosphate dispersing agent is an additive to improve the dispersion performance of solid of liquid materials. When solids are ground, the dispersing agent can be added to help the particles to pulverize, prevent the agglomeration of pulverized particles and keep the dispersion stable. The water-insoluble oily liquid can be dispersed into small liquid bead under high shear stirring. After the stirring is stopped, the oil layer will layered quickly under the action of interfacial tension. The addition of SHMP dispersing agent can make it form a stable emulsion after stirring.
>>> Sodium Hexametaphosphate in Toothpaste
The application of sodium hexametaphosphate in toothpaste can slow down the regeneration of dental calculus, whiten teeth and improve the stability of toothpaste during its shelf life.
Agentia for corrosion prevention, cement hardening accelerator, streptomycin purifying agent. Used as sedative in medicine industry. Used for rusting prevention of drilling pipe and controlling the viscosity of mud when drilling oil. It also has uses in fabric printing, tanning, papermaking, color film, soil analysis, radiochemistry, analytical chemistry and other fields.
- Skin exposure. Remove contaminated clothing and rinse with plenty of water.
- Enter the eyes. Lift eyes, rinse with flowing water or saline.
- Inhalation of large amounts of powder. Leave the scene for fresh air. If breathing is difficult, oxygen is needed.
- Rinse the mouth with water immediately. Please see a doctor if necessary.
Preparation of SHMP
- Sodium dihydrogen phosphate method. The soda ash solution and phosphoric acid should be neutralized at 80-200℃ for two hours. The formed sodium dihydrogen phosphate solution is concentrated by evaporation, cooled and crystallized to obtain sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate. Heat it to 110-230℃ to remove two crystal water, and then heat continuously to remove structural water. It should be further heated to 620℃ and dehydrated. The resulting sodium metaphosphate melt is polymerized into sodium hexametaphosphate. Then it is quenched from 650℃ to 80℃ and can be made into flaking. Grinding it and the sodium hexametaphosphate can be obtained.
- Phosphorus pentoxide method. Mix the phosphorus pentoxide obtained by burning and cooling yellow phosphorus in dry air with soda ash in a certain ratio. Then the mixed powder is heated indirectly in a graphite crucible to be dehydrated and melted. The resulting sodium hexametaphosphate liquid is subjected to rapid cooling and pulverization to obtain industrial SHMP product.
- Heat the reagent sodium dihydrogen phospahte to 700-900℃ and make it melt. When the melt is completely transparent and the internal bubbles disappear, make it quench to 60-80℃， The obtained thin glass product is sodium hexametaphosphate.
- Heat the reagent sodium dihydrogen phosphate to 250℃ and make it quench to obtain dimer of sodium metaphosphate. Then heat it to 650℃ and make it quench to obtain sodium hexameraphospahte.
- Phosphorus anhydride method. After the yellow phosphorus is heated and melted, it will be sent into the oxidation furnace. The intermediate product phosphoric anhydride is produced by oxidation combustion reaction with oxygen in dry air. Then mix the phosphoric anhydride and soda ash, the flake hexametaphosphate will be prepared by high temperature polymerization and quenching. Grind it and the production of SHMP is finished.
- Neutralization polymerization method. Add the phosphoric acid and liquid solid hydroxide continuously and accurately to the neutralization tank through the respective batch controllers according to the required amount for neutralization reaction. After the reaction is completed and the PH value reaches 4 to 4.4, disodium hydrogen phosphate if formed, which should be pumped into the high-level tank by neutralizing liquid. Send a certain amount of disodium hydrogen phosphate to a dryer for drying continuously and uniformly to obtain flaky disodium hydrogen phosphate with the specified moisture content and then send it to the diesel combustion high-temperature polymerization furnace made of special corrosion-resistant material continuously to make disodium hydrogen phospahte melt polymerization. The molten material is continuously discharged from the polymerization furnace. After quench pressing tablet can be obtained flake sodium hexametaphosphate, crush them and get the finished product.
About Chemate Company
>>> Advantages of Sodium Hexametaphosphate Manufacturer - Chemate
- High quality. We use the highest pure raw materials, advanced production equipment, strict quality control system to guarantee the quality of our products.
- Competitive price. With no third party, the products are sold from the manufacturer directly, so that the price is cheap and reasonable.
- Advanced technology. Professional technology team in Chemate can help customers solve various problems.
- Excellent pre-sale service and after-sale service. We will answer the questions of our clients as soon as possible.